Contact our senior minister, Rev. Neal Anderson, to inquire about wedding ceremonies at UU Lansing or at another location, officiated by one of our ministers. If our ministers are not available, we have a list of local clergy who specialize in interfaith and non-denominational weddings.
Our ministers are proud to solemnize legal weddings for couples of any gender combination.
A group of UU ministers across the state of Michigan released the following statement in October 2013:
As Unitarian Universalist ministers, we affirm the inherent worth and dignity of every person; and because marriage is held in honor among the blessings of life, we stand in strong support of equal marriage. As clergy, we will speak out to ensure equal protection for all who live and love in our state of Michigan. As people of faith, we call on our elected officials to pass marriage equality in the state of Michigan. Marriage equality strengthens families, protects children, and ensures the basic rights of citizenship for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender couples. In the face of injustice, we stand on the side of love.
- Rev. Kathryn Bert
- Rev. Leonetta Bugliesi
- Rev. John Corrado
- Rev. Dr. Douglas Ward Gallager, Senior Minister Emeritus, Birmingham Unitarian Church, Bloomfield Hills
- Rev. Gail R. Geisenhainer, Senior Minister, First Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Ann Arbor
- Rev. Dr. Cynthia Landrum
- Rev. Jeff Liebmann, Minister, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Midland
- Rev. Karen McFarland
- Rev. Roger Mohr
- Rev. Dr. Claudene F. Oliva, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Flint
- Rev. Shelley Page
- Rev. Kimi Riegel, Northwest Unitarian Universalist Church, Southfield
- Rev. Thomas Schade
- Rev. Yvonne Schumacher Strejcek
- Rev. Kevin Tarsa