2020 Service Auction
2020 Service Auction
The Service Auction is our largest fundraiser benefiting our church operating budget, and it is also how many of us get to know one another through mutual enjoyment of meals, parties, learning experiences, and sharing of our skills and talents. Last year, we raised over $12,000, thanks to generous donors and bidders.
We have completed Round 1 to experiment with Auction software for bidding. Round 2 has now started and many more items are available, including a few outdoor social activities (approved by the Covid-19 task force), edible delights, gift certificates, Fair Trade items, and others. ALL ITEMS ARE LISTED BELOW.
To place your bids, visit Charityauction.bid/UULansing, and (for first-time users) click the Online Registration button (top right). After completing registration, click on ‘Catalog’ (top row, second from left) to see descriptions and prices of the items that are available. After you enter a bid, you will receive an email confirmation. If someone enters a higher amount, you will also receive an email, and you can rebid if desired. After September 27, winners will be contacted for delivery options.
Would you like assistance getting to the auction website, or would you like our Auction Team to bid or buy for you? Email us at auction.UUCGL@gmail.com — we can enter a purchase or bid for you. For any questions, email us at auction.UUCGL@gmail.com.
The items available in Round 2 are listed below with starting bid (or buy-it-now sign-up price). Go to the website charityauction.bid/UULansing to sign-up or bid.
- Celebrating the Harvest Moon: Outdoor Food and Festivities Thurs Oct 1, 7-10pm – sign-up at $10 per person (max 16 people)
- Guided Tour of Our UU Lansing Autumn Grounds Sat, Oct 17, 1 pm – sign-up at $1 per person (max 20)
- Red Wine on Deck! for up to 7 people Sun Oct 11, 2-5 pm – sign-up at $20 per person (max 7)
- Potter Park Zoo – entry tickets for 2 adults & 2 children – $10
Art & Handcraft Goods
- Handcrafted Jacket by Chris Triola- size small-medium – $100
- Six original watercolor nature-themed note cards by Tim Bernath-Plaisted – $15
- Hand-crafted necklace by Aspen Bernath-Plaisted – shades of lavender with peace symbol – $35
- Blue Ribbon Whole Wheat & Soybean Bread with Pottery Bread Plate – $30
- Fruit Tart – $25
- Cheesecake of your choice – sign-up at $25 each
- Akagi Sushi Japanese Restaurant $20 Gift Certificate – $16
- Raspberry Lemonade Cookies – 3 dozen – $15
- Fresh Granola for Breakfast! 5 pint size jars are available – sign-up for $5 each
- Zucchini-pumpkin bread – $8
- Digitizing your CDs or LPs or cassette tapes – $10
- Foods for Living $50 Gift Certificate – $30
- Yakima Bike Rack – $100
Fair Trade Items (number available in parentheses); price fixed for each item
- Olive Oil (1) – $14
- Coffee – all ground unless otherwise noted – $9 regular, $10 decaf
French roast (5); French roast Decaf (3); Ethiopian (7); Breakfast Blend (9); Cozy Cup decaf (6); Full City decaf (4); Hazelnut Creme decaf (3)
- Chocolate – full bars – $3.50
Mint dark (18); Total Eclipse dark (10); Very dark (12); Dark Almond (9); Milk (14); Caramel (4); Almond & Sea Salt (4)
- Cocoa – $7
- Hot cocoa add water (2); Dark Hot add milk (3); Spicy cocoa add milk (3)