Moments for Justice
Updated: March 28, 2020
UU communities and justice organizations are discerning methods to maintain our commitments to our values during this time of physical distancing.
We will endeavor each week to email opportunities to build power for justice (the best we can).
The Trump administration must release all migrants held in detention in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival invites you to sign their petition “Poverty Amidst Pandemic: A Moral Response to COVID-19”
Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington on Saturday, June 20.
You can can join the Side with Love & Love Resists In These Times Webinar on Thursday, April 2 at 6:30 p.m. Eastern with:
- UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray
- Emma’s Revolution
- Side with Love Campaign Manager Everette Thompson
- Organizing Strategy Director Rev. Ashley Horan
- Dr. Charlene Sinclair of Black PAC & Intern Minister First UU Richmond
- A Detention Watch Network Organizer
- and UUs from across our black, brown, LGBTQ and justice networks.
The Michigan Collaborative to End Mass Incarceration invites you to sign a letter and petition to Gov. Gretchen Whitmer advocating for the release of elderly and vulnerable people inside prison. Let’s push for the release of elderly and vulnerable people inside prison who may be at risk to COVID-19.
Faith in Action calls us to Demand Equitable Access to Testing, Treatment, and Financial Support!