Diversity and Inclusion Committee
The Diversity & Inclusion Committee is open to anyone who is interested in promoting the inclusion of a wider range of people (and the cultural expressions that are meaningful to them) in our Beloved Community. Now is a great time to get involved, as we move toward a new model of collaboration that will acknowledge the interconnections of so many of the issues and concerns affecting historically oppressed groups (e.g. LGBTQ+, people of color, people with disabilities). The group has tentatively identified the need to develop knowledge around both content and process, such that we can increase our understanding of issues specific to various groups (content), as well as our ability to engage in and facilitate conversations about difference/diversity (process). In this way, we hope to leverage the collective energies and wisdom of the 5 Teams that will likely make up the Committee:
• Accessibility Team/Accessibility Inclusion Ministries (AIM)
• Black Lives Matter Sign Task Force
• Diversity & Inclusion Team (yes, somebody’s going to have to get a new name!)
• the LGBTQ+ Affinity Group, and
• Stone Soup (which focuses on economic diversity and the unrecognized needs of people living with limited financial means)
If you are interested in attending a Diversity and Inclusion Committee meeting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the office and ask to be connected to a group member. The next scheduled meetings are December 6, 2018 and January 3, 2019.